Adalah sangat penting bagi seorang ibu yang mengandung menjaga kesihatannya. Saya percaya bahawa seorang ibu yang sihat, insyaalah akan melahirkan bayi yang sihat. Baik dari segi penjagaan tubuh badan, pemakanan, senaman yang sesuai, aktiviti sehari-hari serta persekitaran yang sihat memainkan peranan penting dalam perkembangan kesihatan si ibu dan bayi…
Healthy Pregnancy Healthy Baby
by:Rebecca D. Williams
sumber:FDA Consumer Magazine 1999
Worries and pregnancy seem to go hand in hand. Fortunately, however, most women of childbearing age are healthy and most pregnancies are considered “low-risk.” For most women, the surest way to have a healthy baby is to live a healthy lifestyle. The March of Dimes suggests the following precautions:
- Get early prenatal care, even before you’re pregnant.
- Eat a well-balanced diet, including a vitamin supplement that contains folic acid.
- Exercise regularly with your doctor’s permission.
- Avoid alcohol, cigarettes, and illicit drugs, and limit caffeine.
- Avoid x-rays, hot tubs, and saunas.
- Avoid infections.
According to the March of Dimes, a pregnant woman should increase her daily food portions to include:
- 6 to 11 servings of breads and other whole grains
- 3 to 5 servings of vegetables
- 2 to 4 servings of fruits
- 4 to 6 servings of milk and milk products
- 3 to 4 servings of meat and protein foods
- 6 to 8 glasses of water, and no more than one soft drink or cup of coffee per day to limit caffeine.